PANTRY CHAT #59 – WHAT’S NEW ON THE HOMESTEAD
We're sitting in the Harvest Kitchen sharing everything that's new here on the homestead!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click "SHOW MORE" if you're new to our channel and "MORE ABOUT US" for some freebies!
When life seems to be hectic, sometimes it's just great to sit back and chat about everything that's been going on! In today's Pantry Chat, we're sitting in the Harvest Kitchen getting caught up and sharing everything that's been going on with us here at Riverbend (our homestead).
0:00 – Announcement & Chit Chat
2:20 – Herbal Medicine Cabinet Course
4:35 – What we're preserving
9:49 – Keeping up with the busy season
13:15 – The house addition
13:57 – Breeding the milk cow
15:06 – Having some fun!
16:19 – Q & A: Do we use medicinal herbs because we can grow them or because they're more effective
21:22 – Do we always plant the same veggies in our permanent garden beds?
22:55 – What do we do with our hops?
24:44 – What are we drinking?
Subscribe to our podcast: https://homesteadingfamily.com/podcast
Herbal Medicine Cabinet: COLDS and FLUS: https://www.schooloftraditionalskills.com/store/qLZcu2iq
Healthy Healing at Home – Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds: http://bit.ly/hhath
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.