How to Plant Garlic (Fall Garlic Planting)
If you haven't planted garlic yet this year, there may still be time to get them in the ground!
Never miss a new video! Sign up for our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click "SHOW MORE" if you're new to our channel and "MORE ABOUT US" for some freebies!
Garlic is a wonderful and easy crop to grow. It's important to know how to plant garlic for the best yield and harvest. Here are the basics when it comes to planting and caring for garlic including when to plant and how to care for it while it's in the ground.
For more information, visit the blog post: homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-plant-garlic
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#garlic #howtoplantgarlic #plantinggarlic #fallgarlicplanting #plantinggarlicinfall
Love your videos! 💕
Please show us how you feed your dogs!!
Plus…how do you get so much compost to use??
I personally use as much leaves as possible. Depending on your garden size. Stackkem up and use your push or riding lawn mower to mulch it. This stuff works great. Mushroom manure is another I use and add to mine.
We made a deal with the local horse training center. We pay for the transport and the center gets rid of the manure for free.
Steve’s account with the recipe has been suspended! I can’t find the receipt. Can you please list it here? Please. I know your super busy and I would be so grateful.
Yes, a google search didn’t turn up that formula either?
How far apart do you plant your rows? You mentioned that you have 66′ rows and you are planting them 4-6″ apart but I wasn’t sure how many rows you get in each bed.
If my calculations are correct, if he planted at least 500 in a 66’ row and they were 6 inches apart, then he planted 4 rows in what looks like a standard 30” bed.
Thankyou and may God bless you and all your family brother.
Perfect timing…planting garlic again today!😃 We’re only a family of 4…so only doing about 100 cloves…500-600 sounds daunting, but it looks like you had some really good help😉 happy gardening!
you are so lucky to have a good son help
My knees are killing me watching you…. ugh. I planted garlic last year. Was wonderful.
Just in time for Halloween Garlic keeps the vampires away my Dad used to say.
I might have to plant up some garlic… hoping for a garlic and salsa garden next year… thanks for the inspiration!
Are you using the bcs tractor to reshape the beds or are you doing it by hand
Can you use mulched leaves for covering the garden?
I do, and it works just fine…alder, birch, maple & various fruit tree leaves. Steer clear of black walnut as it’s toxic to many common garden crops.
Dang it, I just planted my garlic here in Payette, and I didnt know about the clay and loose soil. Everywhere I looked didnt have that info! So I may have failed myself already. Also, I have been looking for a broad fork, do you have a connection?
For years I’ve been regrowing garlic I bought at the grocery store. Plant in the Fall, harvest in the Summer, then repurpose some of those cloves for the next year’s crop…lather, rinse, repeat.
I also plant garlic and basil in the Spring as companion plants around my peppers and tomatoes. Do this and you’ll have the tastiest peppers & tomatoes ever!