HOW TO PIVOT WHEN THINGS GO WRONG ON THE HOMESTEAD
THIS went wrong on our homestead and HERE'S what we did! Would YOU have been prepared?
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click "SHOW MORE" if you're new to our channel and "MORE ABOUT US" for some freebies!
From TWO hard freezes back to back, losing the majority of our garden, a giant windstorm, and a multi-day power outage. When the unexpected hits, it's important to be as prepared as possible. In this episode of the Pantry Chat, we're sharing what we felt we were well prepared for, and what we realized we WEREN'T as prepared as we would like to be.
Links mentioned in this video:
Fermented Carrots: https://homesteadingfamily.com/preserving-tomatoes-for-winter-fermented-tomatoes-recipe/
Fermented carrots: https://youtu.be/QZJa4HdtqZk
Our Garden Froze: homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-pivot-when-things-go-wrong
0:00 – Intro
1:37 – Question of the Day: Do you have to burp fermented tomatoes?
3:28 – Main Topic
6:58 – Be Prepared for the Unknown
9:03 – Don't Panic
18:58 – Prioritize Your Solutions
22:20 – Our Garden FROZE!
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#frozengarden #gardening #gardentricks #gardeningtips