THE FIRST 7 THINGS YOU MUST DO ON YOUR NEW HOMESTEAD PROPERTY
You've bought a homestead property… now what? Do these 14 things FIRST before anything else!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click "SHOW MORE" if you're new to our channel and "MORE ABOUT US" for some freebies!
You’ve bought your new homesteading property and you’re ready to move in. But don’t go buy the cow just yet! There are some key things you need to check off your list so you can be better prepared as you start to settle in.
Josh and Carolyn talk about the mistakes they made when they first moved in and how setting a strategy, learning your environment, and taking it slow can set you up for success on your new property.
0:00 – Chit Chat
5:58 – Question of the Day: Is butter made from clabbered milk a fermented butter?
7:18 – Main Topic
7:42 – Get Moved In
13:25 – Meet Your Neighbors
15:33 – Know and Understand Access Issues
17:28 – Take Care of Your Preps
18:54 – Have Electrical Backup
19:32 – Build Your Food Storage
21:13 – Get Medical Supplies
21:30 – Fuel Supply
23:18 – Always Be Observing
25:54 – Study Permaculture
26:06 – Plan Your Zones
29:30 – Plan Your Gardens
30:17 – Evaluate Your Soil
31:13 – Plan For Animals
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds http://bit.ly/hhath
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe. http://bit.ly/HFHolidayRecipes
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle. http://bit.ly/SelfSufficientLife
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living. http://bit.ly/thrivewellnesschecklist
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden. http://bit.ly/permacultureFYH
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden. http://bit.ly/5HealthyGarden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop. http://bit.ly/savethecrumbs
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments. http://bit.ly/Ffermenting
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes. http://bit.ly/fermentingtomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs. http://bit.ly/preservingculinaryherbs
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard. http://bit.ly/renderlard