Introduction to Fermenting (Preservation 101) – Pantry Chat #67
Curious about fermentation? Check out the what, where, and how of this easy preservation method.
Never miss a new video! Sign up for our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click "SHOW MORE" if you're new to our channel and "MORE ABOUT US" for some freebies!
Lacto Fermentation… It’s one of the safest and easiest preservation methods, plus it’s also a great way to boost your immune system and can take your veggies to a whole new level!
In this episode of the Panty Chat, Josh and Carolyn continue with their series on preservation methods with an introduction to fermentation. They cover the different types of fermentation, its numerous health benefits, the six steps you need to follow to get started, as well as other helpful tips you can use to make sure you’re getting the most long-term value from your preservation efforts.
Links mentioned in this video:
Fearless Fermenting FREE Guide: https://www.schooloftraditionalskills.com/fearlessfermenting
Year of Plenty Fermenting Supplies (affiliate): https://www.year-of-plenty.com/?ref=fzf1cgbgco7u
Year of Plenty Fermenting Supplies (on Amazon – affiliate): https://amzn.to/308RO6o
Fermented Green Beans: https://homesteadingfamily.com/lacto-fermented-green-beans/
Fermented Tomatoes: https://homesteadingfamily.com/preserving-tomatoes-for-winter-fermented-tomatoes-recipe/
How to get your family to enjoy fermented foods: https://youtu.be/k4ZlYQ4xXSI
0:00 – Chit Chat
8:50 – Q & A: Should we look at buying mineral rights when buying land?
11:36 – Main Topic: Fermenting 101
11:56 – Different types of fermenting
13:09 – What is lacto-fermenting?
14:40 – Pros of fermenting
19:13 – Cons to fermenting
20:56 – Fermenting safety
25:00 – 6 steps of fermenting
33:14 – Fermenting do's and don'ts
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#fermenting #lactofermenting #lactofermentation #fermentation