Homeschooling, Winter Animal Watering and Finding Ammo | CHIT CHAT EPISODE | The Pantry Chat
Come hang out with us in the Harvest Kitchen as we devote an entire Pantry Chat to CHIT CHAT!
We're covering so many topics including homeschooling, how we get it "all" done, what we're preserving, permaculture practices, winter prep, watering systems, hunting/ammo, and supply shortages.
Be sure to get on the list to be notified when the membership is open for the brand new Homesteading Kitchen Membership! Joining our membership gets you access to ALL of our Homesteading Family classes, plus monthly challenges (like the "Meals on Your Shelf" challenge mentioned in this video), monthly goodies, a private community, and so much more! Sign up here: https://homesteadingfamily.com/canning-challenge-info
00:00 – Chit Chat
1:43 – Homeschooling
3:06 – How do we do it all?
4:00 – Preserving
6:00 – Permaculture Practices
10:03 – Flower Beds
12:40 – Clothing Swap
16:25 – Homestead Kitchen Membership
22:22 – Winter Prep
24:14 – Water Systems
27:34 – Hunting Season
35:08 – Shortages
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don't want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
Healthy Healing at Home – Learn how to confidently use herbal medicine in your home with this FREE 4 video workshop: http://bit.ly/hhath
Your Best Loaf – A Free 4 video workshop teaching you how to make great bread at home, every time, regardless of the recipe you are using: http://bit.ly/breadmworkshop
Meals on Your Shelf – Can along with me! Learn to can and put jars of a delicious meal on your pantry shelf with this FREE video series: http://bit.ly/MealsOYS
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes – Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes. http://bit.ly/HFHolidayRecipes
– 5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life – Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle. http://bit.ly/SelfSufficientLife
– Thrive Wellness Checklist – A simple guide for healthy living. http://bit.ly/thrivewellnesschecklist
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list – Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles – These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks! http://bit.ly/breakfastcasseroles
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs – Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods. http://bit.ly/preserveeggs
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden – Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden. http://bit.ly/5HealthyGarden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop. http://bit.ly/savethecrumbs
– Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments. http://bit.ly/Ffermenting
– Fermenting Tomatoes – Easiest and fastest tomato preservation: http://bit.ly/fermentingtomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs – Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs. http://bit.ly/preservingculinaryherbs
– Render Your Own Lard – Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard. http://bit.ly/renderlard